For Immediate Release. Forest officials have implemented the following changes to campsites in the Tonto Basin Ranger District.
- Bermuda Flat shoreline camping closed November 15, 2017, in observance of a seasonal wildlife closure. It is scheduled to reopen February 15, 2018
- Cholla Bay shoreline is now open to provide an alternative shoreline experience
- Davis Wash and Upper Burnt Corral closed November 15, 2017, for the winter due to lower visitor numbers during the winter season as well as Forest officials’ desire to move limited staffing resources to other priority projects. The sites are scheduled to reopen February 15, 2018
- Three Mile Wash, Lower Burnt Coral and Crabtree Wash are available for winter shoreline camping
- Burnt Corral Campground will remain open
Additional camping information is available on the Tonto National Forest website at: https://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/tonto/recreation/camping-cabins/?recid=35199&actid=29.
Aimee Staten has worn several hats over the last few years, but she recently put on one of her more familiar caps after four years of working in nonprofits: That of a journalist. She has 14 years of experience in the news business as a reporter with eight of those years as the managing editor of the Eastern Arizona Courier.