Update from Cobre Valley Regional Medical Center:
**Current as of 3/25/20. Recommendations are subject to change as the situation evolves.
- Emergency Department will ALWAYS be open for service.
- If you need to come into the EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT AND HAVE SYMPTOMS OF FEVER-COUGH-SHORTNESS OF BREATH, CALL 928-402-1026 BEFORE COMING INTO THE ER. Staff will instruct you of the procedure coming into the ER. See Page 4 under “Testing.” CVRMC continues to follow the state guidelines for “meeting criteria.”
- Clinics, Pharmacy, Lab, Imaging, Cardiopulmonary, Medical Records, and areas of scheduled appointments ARE open.
- Public areas of the hospital are now closed to the general public with the exception of law enforcement, firefighters/EMS, local physicians and office staff. Please exercise “social distancing.” These areas include the café, coffee shop, and gift shop.
- A patient is now limited to 1 designated, healthy adult visitor. Please check in at the table set up at the Main Entrance of the hospital. Exceptions to this protocol will be made through Administrative approval only.
- Keep assistance to a clinic visit to 1 person.
- CVRMC is monitoring supplies, beds, and staff on a continuous basis. The “designation” of our hospitalis very different from “capacity.” During times of emergency, such as COVID-19, CVRMC can surge up to 14 ICU beds and escalate up to a total of 50 in-patient beds.PREVIOUS UPDATES:
Governor Doug Ducey has signed an executive order stating, “Beginning on Saturday, March 21, at 8:00AM, ALL NON-ESSENTIAL OR ELECTIVE SURGERIES, INCLUDING ELECTIVE DENTAL SURGERIES, THAT UTILIZE PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT OR VENTILATORS SHALL NOT BE PERFORMED AT ANY LICENSED HEALTHCARE FACILITY OR BY ANY LICENSED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IN THE STATE OF ARIZONA.”
o CVRMC will be contacting all those who are scheduled for elective surgeries.
o This is being done to preserve the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) that patients, nurses,
physicians, respiratory therapists, imaging, etc. wear when there is any type of contagious
situation. PPE is in short supply across the nation.
- If you have, or are being evaluated for COVID-19, please follow the instructions put forth by the GilaCounty Health and Emergency Management Department found on Page 2 and Page 3 of thisdocument.
- If you are ill and have to come to the hospital or clinics for treatment or other services, please protect others by asking for a mask at the front desks.
- Entrances are restricted to the Emergency Entrance and the Main Entrance.
- A temporary greeter will assist patients at the front entrance of the hospital.
If you HAVE or ARE BEING EVALUATED FOR COVID-19, you should follow these guidelines put out by Gila County Health and Emergency Management.