Non-Skiers & Snowboarders Will Enjoy Snowbowl’s New Scenic Gondola Rides, Protected From the Elements
All lift tickets must be purchased online
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – With over ten feet of natural snow on the mountain and lift tickets starting as low as $29 beginning March, 1, 2021, Arizona Snowbowl offers the “World’s Best Spring Break 2021,” including access to 100% of Snowbowl’s lift-served terrain via the longest, highest and most advanced lift in the state, the new Arizona Gondola, which opened in December.
Spring Break 2021 arrives with Snowbowl’s “Commitments to COVID Containment” firmly established at the state’s biggest ski resort, where all lift tickets must be purchased online (https://www.snowbowl.ski/the-mountain/lift-tickets/). No tickets are sold at the ticket window, except for Power Pass/Power Pass Select buddy tickets. All visitors to Snowbowl must present a season pass or a purchase confirmation in order to access the resort. Full details on Snowbowl’s Covid-19 protocols are below, and the latest Snowbowl news, including COVID-19 capacity, is on Twitter, @AZSBUpdates.
Non-skiers and non-snowboarders will enjoy Snowbowl’s scenic gondola rides ($49), which offer dramatic scenery of Northern Arizona from “floor-to-ceiling” windows affording a bird’s eye view from the Arizona Gondola. As the gondola transports guests up 2,000 vertical feet to 11,500 feet in an approximately fourteen-minute round trip, riders will see the cinder cone volcanic field, the red rocks in Sedona, and as far as the Grand Canyon on a clear day. The rides are in an enclosed, eight-person gondola and offer great opportunities for photography, observing skiers and snowboarders, or just enjoying the fresh air and expansive views from the San Francisco Peaks. Single riders can request their very own cabin. There is no unloading at the top terminal at this time. All tickets must be purchased online in advance and quantities are limited per day. Rides are offered from 3PM to 4PM, weather permitting. https://www.snowbowl.ski/scenic-gondola-rides/
Spring Break Lift tickets: These full-day lift tickets provide all-mountain access and include a 20% off food discount. Ticket prices start at $29 and will sell out. All tickets include a 20% off food discount and guests can add-on beginner lessons (ages 13+) or rentals for just $25 each. Limited quantities are available and $29 tickets will quickly sell out. Tickets on sale now at https://www.snowbowl.ski/the-mountain/lift-tickets/
Spring Break Equipment Rentals For $25: When guests buy a World’s Best lift ticket, they can add a full-day of equipment rentals (ski or snowboard) for just $25 more! Guests add their rentals after they select their first day on the slopes.
Spring Break Beginner Lessons Ages 13+ For $25: When guests buy a World’s Best lift ticket, they can add a Snow Experience beginner lesson (ages 13+) for just $25! They add their lessons after they select their first day on the slopes.
Kids 10 & Under Ski FREE: Power Kids are eligible for the $25 rental add-on! Every child age 10 younger receives a FREE Power Kids season pass that’s good every day at Snowbowl, Purgatory, Hesperus, Brian Head, Sipapu, Pajarito, and Nordic Valley during the 20/21 winter season, plus year-round mountain biking at Spider Mountain Bike Park. No purchase necessary, no strings attached – it’s all free!
Spring Break Lodging: Stay at the closest location to the slopes! Ski Lift Lodge and Cabins offers cozy accommodations and quick, convenient access to Snowbowl.
Terms and Restrictions: All purchases must be made online and up until the night before guests would like to ski. Tickets are valid for the date purchased, may not be transferred or refunded, and cannot be combined with other specials and discounts. Every World’s Best lift ticket purchase includes a 20% off food voucher, which will be printed on-site. Food vouchers are accepted at all restaurants on the mountain and cannot be used for lift tickets, rentals, retail, or lessons. The food voucher must be used the same day for which it was purchased. All food vouchers expire on the day of use.
The new Arizona Gondola replaces the Agassiz lift and offers a combination detachable, six-person chairlifts and gondola cabins. Each cabin is interspersed with two chairs.
“With the Arizona Gondola, we are ushering in a new era,” said Arizona Snowbowl General Manager Rob Linde. “More than an upgrade, this high-tech combination lift will redefine the alpine experience at Snowbowl and set a new standard for ski areas across the state.”
Arizona Snowbowl’s Commitments to COVID Containment
- All guests and employees must wear a mask except when eating or drinking at a designated dining location. We ask that guests practice physical distancing in all public places whenever possible.
- If guests are ill or have any of the signs and symptoms or have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19, we ask guests to please stay at home. Signs and symptoms of COVID-19 are located here.
- We’re making changes to our base area, including increased spacing for physical distancing in lift mazes, reduced contact through online tickets and food ordering, and reducing the number of guests indoors.
- Access to indoor spaces will be limited and we ask that all guests plan to be outside more this season, especially on peak days. Guests not renting equipment should boot up at their vehicle and leave any items not needed for skiing there. Guests will not be able to hang out or eat a brown bag lunch inside. Buildings will have capacity restrictions and only be for dining or to-go order customers only, lockers, and bathroom use.
- We will follow all guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting public spaces.
- In the case of an extreme weather event, injury, or other emergencies, we will prioritize the immediate safety and sheltering needs of guests and staff when in conflict with these COVID-19 guidelines.
- Any individual who tests positive for or has been exposed to COVID-19, will immediately go into isolation and we will work closely with local health officials to notify persons who may have been in contact with that person.
- Please note operations may change at any timeand resort officials will diligently monitor the most recent federal and local guidelines to make the necessary shifts to operation in accordance with current health and safety recommendations.
Lift Tickets & Passes
· We don’t anticipate a reservation system for our passholders.
· All lift tickets will be sold online and there will be no window rate.
· Tickets will go on sale in mid-November, and a major goal of our pricing this season will be to help anticipate and spread out demand.
· On peak days, expect to see higher rates due to increased demand, and conversely, expect to see much lower pricing on weekdays and other non-peak time periods.
· The brand new Snowbowl Card will hold all lift tickets, rental and lesson reservations, and resort credits in one single, reloadable card. The Snowbowl Card is included for no additional charge and will be offered to all ticketed guests upon arrival.
Ski and Ride School
- The Ski and Ride School provides an important service for guests, especially for new skiers and riders. By following defined protocols and taking necessary precautions for safe interactions, guests and instructors can enjoy a safe and memorable learning experience.
- We will be offering all lesson sales online and using a reservation system to help manage daily student capacity and instructor inventory.
- Face coverings are required for all students and instructors, and all lessons will take place outdoors, including breaks – there will be no group indoor breaks. Please plan and dress accordingly.
- Daily temperature checks will be required for all instructors, and students and instructors will receive symptom and exposure questionnaires upon their arrival to the ski area for ski school.
- Students will proceed directly to the on-snow check-in area instead of indoors and will be connected with their instructor at that time.
- For group lessons, guests may be asked to join individuals from a separate party and instructors will manage groups to allow for increased physical distancing and independent learning wherever possible. If guests would like to reserve a lesson for their family or friends only, they can consider booking a private lesson.
- We plan to offer Snowburnerslessons beginning in late December.
- Safety on chairlifts is paramount, and students too young* to ride chairlifts by themselves safely or those who require additional assistance will be seated with another instructor or guest. (This language refers to developmental abilities – if a child requires assistance to get on a chairlift or needs an instructor to ride with them, this would be “too young”. In practice, this could refer to kids anywhere from 4-12 years old but most typically it would be children 4-7 who need the most assistance.)
- All rentals must be reserved online, and protocols will be in place to limit the number of guests indoors at one time.
- The new rental shop layout increases the amount of indoor space to allow for physical distancing when trying on boots.
- After picking up boots, guests will proceed outdoors where their skis and snowboards will be waiting for them at the on-snow pickup location.
- All indoor dining will require online reservations, and we encourage guests to pre-order online and pick up food to-go. More information about online dining will be coming soon.
· Additional extra outdoor seating will be available at select locations, with increased spacing for physical distancing.
· Contactless payment methods are available at all of our restaurants, so we encourage guests to avoid bringing cash.
NEW SAFETY GUIDELINES:
With so many changes and uncertainties during this year, Snowbowl knows there are plenty of questions about new safety guidelines this season; See www.Snowbowl.ski/safety-guidelines learn more about Snowbowl’s commitment to health and safety for the winter 2020/2021 season.
ABOUT ARIZONA SNOWBOWL:
Situated in the majestic San Francisco Peaks at 9,500 feet and just 14 miles north of Flagstaff, Snowbowl is home to Arizona’s longest ski season. With state-of-the-art snowmaking and 260-inches of annual snowfall, Snowbowl offers the premier winter experience from November through April. In addition to the best beginner terrain in the Southwest, winter enthusiasts will enjoy Snowbowl’s naturally divided terrain, variety of trails, three terrain parks, premier tree skiing and expert hike-to terrain. Snowbowl is also the ideal summertime destination with on-mountain activities, cool temperatures and stunning views of Sedona’s red rocks, the cinder cone volcanic field and Grand Canyon’s rim. Snowbowl features a variety of dining, lodging, shopping, and continues to enhance its offerings with capital improvements adding year-round activities and infrastructure. Please visit Snowbowl.ski to learn more.
ABOUT MOUNTAIN CAPITAL PARTNERS:
Headquartered in Durango, Colo., Mountain Capital Partners (MCP) owns and manages the largest collective of ski resorts in the Southwest. The portfolio includes Purgatory Resort, Arizona Snowbowl, Brian Head Resort, Sipapu Ski & Summer Resort, Nordic Valley Ski Resort, Pajarito Mountain, Hesperus Ski Area, and Colorado’s largest snowcat skiing operation, Purgatory Snowcat Adventures. In 2019, MCP added Spider Mountain Bike Park in Texas, the only year-round, lift-served mountain bike park in North America. In total, the resorts feature more than 4,000 acres of terrain, 301 trails, 39 lifts, 20 terrain parks and over 35,000 acres of backcountry snowcat skiing.
Guest Contributors include press releases, guest authors, and columnists who contribute less than 4 times a year.