GLOBE- Announcing City of Globe Business Relief Grant
The City of Globe Business Relief Grant will provide qualifying businesses with a financial grant* to support the continued viability of the Globe businesses experiencing financial hardship due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and to reduce employment losses caused by reductions in hours, layoffs, and business closures. The Globe City Council has budgeted $150,000 for the support of this program.
*Amount of grant award is dependent on need. This program is being administered by Local First Arizona Foundation in partnership with the City of Globe.
Applications will be accepted online by Local First Arizona Foundation, beginning Monday, January 4, 2021, and closes Sunday, January 10, 2021, at:
- The application link will also be on the City of Globe website atwww.globeaz.gov
- Eligible for-profit business types include sole proprietorships, corporations, independent contractors, partnerships, and LLCs
- Business must be a brick-and-mortar commercial property (not residential) located within the municipal boundary of the City of Globe
- Business was operating in Globe prior to March 11, 2020
- Business has 10 FTE employees or less
- Business has an active Business License through the City of Globe
- Businesses are only permitted to submit one application
- Independent Contractors employed in cosmetology or fitness activities that meet the criteria for application
- Award amount based on Local First Arizona Foundation’s determination of need during the application process
- Business must apply to the designated online portal during the enrolment period in compliance with the Local First Arizona Foundation application process
- Business should make a good faith effort to stay open for 6 months
- Business must be in compliance with local, state, and federal laws
- Business must provide a W-9 to Local First Arizona Foundation prior to receiving funds
CITY OF GLOBE BUSINESS RELIEF GRANT FAQ’S
- How do I apply?
o Apply directly to Local First Arizona Foundation at:
- You can also find the link atwww.globeaz.gov
- What can grant funds be spent on?
o Grant funds can be utilized for legitimate business expenses including but not limited to employee costs, rent/mortgage, utilities, working capital, or personal protective equipment (PPE).
- How will grants be awarded?
o Grants will be awarded based on Local First Arizona Foundation’s determination of need during the application process.
- If awarded a grant, when will I receive the funds?
o Local First will distribute funds to business within 10 days of the award either by paper check or direct deposit, at the instruction of the business.
- Will the grants need to be paid back?
o Provided the City of Globe does not determine that funds were received under false pretenses or misused, the grant will not need to be paid back.
- If my business received assistance through a Federal Stimulus Program, will I be eligible for the City of Globe Business Relief Grant?
o Yes, you will be eligible for the Globe business relief grant.
- What is the source of funds be for this program?
o The City of Globe was allocated $843,484 out of the $441 million in CARES ACT funds given to the State of Arizona by the federal government. The $843,484 was restricted to covering public safety and public health expenses. On 06-22-20 the Globe City Council voted to formally accept the City of Globe allocation from AZ Cares Act Funds. As stipulated in the funding guidelines and application to the State of Arizona, this revenue allocation offset public safety expenses in the General Fund, which created a like amount, approximately $843,484 that may be utilized as directed by Globe City Council.
- What if I have more questions?
o Contact Kimber Lanning at Local First Arizona Foundation
- Office: 602-956-0909 ext. 5
o Contact the City of Globe Economic Development Department:
- 928-425-7146 ext. 211 or 210