GILA COUNTY-Gila County School Superintendent Roy Sandoval is proud to announce that the Teacher of the Year Award nominations are now open.
“This award is an important opportunity for us to lift up the stories of exceptional educators in Gila County,” says Superintendent Sandoval. “Anyone can nominate a teacher who has gone out of their way to change the course of their students’ lives.” Celebrating its seventh year, the Gila County Teacher of the Year Program recognizes excellence in teaching by honoring K-12 professional educators from public and charter schools who have made a lasting impact on Gila County’s school-aged children.
Teachers can be nominated by a fellow educator, an administrator, a parent, or a community member. The Gila County Teacher of the Year will receive a $500 award, a plaque, and recognition countywide.
To nominate someone, download the form at www.gilacountyesa.org under “Upcoming Events/Teacher of the Year.” Alternatively, contact Christine Lopez at the Gila County School Superintendent’s Office at 928-402-8783 or by email at email@example.com for more information on how to submit a nomination.
The deadline to submit nominations is by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 1, 2017. To be eligible for selection as the Gila County Teacher of the Year, the nominated teacher must:
1. Spend the majority (70% or more) of the school day in direct instruction with students;
2. Be currently certified to teach in the State of Arizona;
3. Have a minimum of three years of teaching experience in Gila County;
4. Teach any subject, grade or combination of grades Pre-Kindergarten through 12 in any public or charter school in Gila County; and
5. Plan to continue in an active teaching status in the upcoming school year in Gila County.